Sunday, May 6, 2012

Am I a collaborator?

I only worked two days for the week of 30 April to 4th May.. On the 1st May my son came back with not so good news that our toyota's air conditioner has gone kaput..
2nd May saw me taking unrecorded leave ( by virtue that I worked during the weekend 21 and 22 of April ;)). I went to my foreman Ah Lai (of Ampang under the big tree fame) who recommended a friend about 200 meters from his workshop..
The compressor was found to be broken ( due to one filter that has been overlooked.. Thus putting much strain on the compressor) and need to be replaced.. Chemical cleaning agent has to be used to clean the whole system so as to avoid further complication apart from replacing all air conditioner filters.. That made me poorer by some RM 2400..

We have Friday, 4th May as an off day, a replacement for Wesak day that falls on Saturday. I went to service my mini .. and the whole thing cost me some RM 450.. I was told that the car airconditioner need to be serviced at least once every two years.. I have the feeling that the mini parts might be a lil bit more expensive than that of the toyota, hence the reason for back to back visit to car air conditioner workshop.
I took a bus trip home that Friday as there were at least nine cars waiting to be serviced at the workshop and the work on the mini was expected to be completed at 5 p.m. that day.
picture from lfslessonsasia.com

I gave the fare of one ringgit requested by the bus conductor, he took it off my hand without giving me the ticket.. I thought of doing some light reading on the bus but the incident of not getting the ticket was too heavy on my mind.. Am I considered a collaborator to a bad deed?.. due to the fact that I know the conductor is taking my money for his own good rather than giving the money to the bus company.. How do I handle it without creating a commotion?.. The conductor can always say that I did not pay up and get me kicked off the bus.
So I called the conductor and asked him to give me a ticket for my journey and I will gladly give him a ringgit for him to keep.. He was not very pleased but he gave me the ticket without taking the extra ringgit offered.
Alhamdulillah..
Have a nice day.

16 comments:

Mulan said...

aiyaa.. ada lagi konduktor bas macam tu ke?

Anonymous said...

I think we are all collaborators somewhat, albeit unknowingly. We just need to be more conscientious. I like what you did, I do that most times. Besides safeguarding myself, I avoid encouraging 'amalan tak sihat' and I get to keep tabs on my spending ... LOLs

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Errr....Ayoh Wang...ever heard of Touch n Go card? Use that for the public transport. One swipe, cashless, no bad deeds changing hands. purrrr...meow!

ckpah said...

Salam. Ish..ish..masih lagi dibuat kerja2 macam tu. That's how ada sykt bas gagal dpt pulangan sepatutnya wlaupun pelanggan ramai. Used to do audit on this years ago.

Cheqna said...

Assalamualaikum Ayoh Wang,

Glad that you at least stop his bad deed of that time, hopefully it served as reminder to that conductor.

I so like the unrecorded leave, thinking that others have to work whilst I'm paid to be away..haha..how bad!

:-)

Si Matatajam said...

Isk2 mcm2 ragam la manusia ni...

Al-Manar said...

A good old soul you are indeed, Ayah Wang. Gamoknye owang Tgganu sseme ggittu kang - a genuine bred of Darul Iman!

The Tea Drinker said...

oregano memang elok letak dalam mana2 masakan. hehe.

Wan Sharif said...

m.u.l.a.n. dearest,
Selagi ada orang yang tidak berapa memahami akibat melakukan atau memakan yang haram .. selagi itulah akan ada manusia yang tertipu dengan “yang di rejam”.

Wan Sharif said...

Oops! that serious.. ha Noir Ha.. Wow! nice to know that you have been practicing things that matters!!
Keeping tabs on your spending… arghhhhh!! I have yet to start on this.. dah senja pun umur saya ni ha ha .. guess it is better late than never..
Thanks for the tips.. and a good sharing ;)

Wan Sharif said...

Mmm…. CfS dearest,
Come to think of it .. I knew you are one well-travelled cat.. thanks for the tips.. it is always good not to have “bad deeds changing hand”
Thanks again.. wise cat ;)

Wan Sharif said...

Wa’alaikumussalam ckpah,
Begitulah manusia.. kerana sesuatu sebab.. menjadi mudah tertipu dengan yang lahiriah dan tak termampu memikirkan hakikat perbuatan secara mendalam..
Glad to have your experience shared at my humble space…
I have a neighbor who knew she is losing money from her “kedai kain business” due to her workers keep giving free dresses and clothes to their friends ;(((

Wan Sharif said...

Waalaikumussalan Cheqna,
I was thinking of the sin I shared should I closed my eyes on his bad deed… yes hopefully it served as reminder to that conductor.
Hey you have some rather naughty thought on the unrecorded leave, maybe I should also think that way next time around.. seronok juga yer :-)

Wan Sharif said...

Thank you again Si Matajam for your kind comment..
saya letak posting tu di sini bukan pasal nak tunjuk perbuatan buruk kawan tu tetapi nak nyatakan bahawa kita harus berwaspada tentang perkara yang mungkin kecil di sini dan di mata manusia tetapi besar di sana dan di sisi Azza Wajalla..
Alamak.. bunyi macam pandai lah pulak saya ni ;)

Wan Sharif said...

Bang Hassan dearest,
Good to know that all Tgganu people is careful with small bad deed that can grow into very big bad deed if left unchecked..
Thank you for sharing your observation and your "jalan atas air komen" ;)

Wan Sharif said...

Tea Drinker Dearest,
Thank you for your kind “likewise” observation.. mm you sure are one ;) observer