Friday, August 6, 2010

A blessed and hectic Friday

Yesterday, 6th of August 2010, marked the day when the Madrasah Tahfiz AnNuriah in Taman Muda, Ampang (it is located just behind the Puteri Park, Cheras) will be used for Jumaat weekly prayer. Early that morning, I went there to see the preparation made for this occasion. I noticed that the normal al-Quran reading and transliteration has been cancelled probably because the Ustaz (teacher) was not there. There were some testing of microphones and I also noticed that the front steps of the madrasah have yet to dry properly.


I took an annual leave yesterday, not so much because I want to celebrate the opening of the mosque.. it seems to be the duty of the eldest in the family to attend to the needs of younger siblings. My wife is the oldest of the three ladies from her family that currently reside in Lembah Kelang. Since she normally take care of buying the baju raya for the youngsters from three families, I get this 'privilege' of accompanying her. Yesterday also happen to be the start of another hari raya sale at Sogo department store.




I do not enjoy much going to the very crowded Sogo sales .. but I enjoyed the implication..
To those 7 children (all less than 8 year old) from the 2 in-law families, Cik Arif and Cik Ma (yours truly & my better half) are the one(or the two rather) who buy the baju raya (although their parents will be paying for them). Two of us are their favorite uncle and aunty.. so much so if they do not get to see or hear our voices.. they are going to pester their parents to send them to our place. More than 5 years ago, I was honored to babysit two nieces since their parents went for Umrah (little pilgrimage to Mecca) and since then the two nieces has for a few times asked their parents when are they going to Mecca again?.. When asked why?.. the answer would be.."so that we can be with Cik Arif and Cik Ma again..."

If I do not go and accompany my better half to Sogo then I will get to go to numerous other departmental stores in KL, Ampang, Keramat and sometimes in Shah Alam and Kelang as alternative to that one day.. that, I believed, is not a very attractive alternative..

Yes, Alhamdulillah, I managed to get back from Sogo to reach the Madrasah Tahfiz AnNuriah of Taman Muda in time for second Kutbah... The steps has dried up sufficiently and only half of the space available in the surau been filled by the Jemaah.

I also have an appointment to see an important person in Putra Jaya yesterday evening. I got to accompany my friend who is in agriculture business.. the one that I mentioned in my previous post.. the promoter of hydroponic fodder. This seems to be a very important meeting.. a good strong support from that important person would see a lot of hydrophonic grass/fodder machines being installed on farms. This will partly solve the problem currently faced by the livestock industry in our beloved country.

That meeting will also paved the way on my friends' company role and contribution in the MAHA 2010 – Malaysia Agriculture, Horticulture & Agrotourism Exhibition. Further support in the auctioning of livestock will help the farmers - from the need of using the expensive services of middlemen. This will also pave the way to a slightly more ambitious livestock exchange which will further enhance trading of live animals and their carcasses. All the meticulous planning to arrive at this noble destination will insyaAllah be implemented with proper support from the relevant government departments, the farmers and related agencies.

The meeting started at 5:15 p.m. that Friday, the important man has ensured my friend that he will help my friend's cause and has few loose ends to settle before our request can be fulfilled. The meeting ended at 6:00p.m Realizing that it is way past his normal office hours, I profusedly thanked him for sacrificing his personal time and his response took me by surprise.. he thanked me for my enthusiasm!. Noting my surprise, my friend told me later.. "that man knew my role in the whole thing.."

On other business front,
  • the labu peram thingy is not doing too well as only fews ringgits has started to trickle in.
  • my long involvement in selling ubat gingseng, as always, still provide my duit kopi..
Helping my in-law on second hand cars business, he has bought a second hand car to carry him to places of business and his mini coopers is yet to reach Port Kelang . His attempts to sell my mini cooper has so far been unsuccessful. .although he has offered a price some RM 50-70k below the market price for the full specification (with super charge - turbo? and all) mini.
  • maybe using of the student AP,
  • using student name as owner and
  • using cash -no bank loan
  • the 2 year wait for transfer of ownership
is detrimental to business healths..
Not to worry though, I can always use the mini till the 2 year period expires.. after all , all members of my family masih belum puas enjoy benda Allah tu lagi..he..he

That Friday, I was also blessed to receive a sister-in-law from Dungun, another brother-in-law from Gua Musang and his entourage and some of their off-springs in my house. To top those, I was very blessed to receive normal visit from the nephews and nieces who turned out to be very mushy mushy on receiving the nice baju rayas.. just like what my blog friend Ahmad Fahmy of PakMat experienced ... and wrote about "little mercies are made of these".

43 comments:

R.A.S said...

Hahaha...shopping eh...

Wan Sharif said...

Puan Rosfida,
Thank you for dropping by,
I do not have a better alternative..
The reward is good.. the nephews and nieces will be forever grateful.. and come the id they would be proudly telling everybody (who cares to listen) about the one who bought the clothes for them..

DrSam said...

Salam Ayoh Wang. I have already settled my raya shopping 'debt' to my significant half many moons ago. So that my energy is fully charged to face the holy Ramadhan.

I think hydroponic should be promoted more in our country. Our country needs to adapt well with the new technologies in order to be well or self-sustained in the future. I am looking forward to this upcoming MAHA too.

BTW, mini with a supercharged engine is surely looks super cool:)

Wan Sharif said...

Wa'alaikumussalam DrSam,
To settle my raya shopping 'debt' will take a few outings.. have not settle the shopping for my son yet.. I am glad to know that you have settled yours.
Hydroponics has been promoted earlier, however it was rather expensive then and it need a farmer & a model farm to demonstrate its effectiveness and sustainability.. serious support from government agencies is needed as serious farmers do not large amount of money needed, those who have money are planters not farmers..
My friend will be at MAHA, under the banner of Tropical Camel Ranchers.. I will only be there when time permits..
Yeah that supercharged mini is cool .. too cool for this old coot.. Cheers.

Bergen said...

Sir, thank you for visiting my blog. Glad to have you.

Wan Sharif said...

Dear Bergen,
It has been a pleasure to read your blog's entries.. and glad to know that you are at times stay in Dungun..
Normally I will be in Kg Sungai Udang during the ids.. I would be glad if I can meet/visit you then.
Take care and have a nice week..

Bergen said...

Sungai Udang - then you must perform the solat raya at our new Sungai Udang mosque. I live on Jalan Penglima - Tanah Lot No 4.

This raya I will be Mekah, Balik on 16 September.

Wan Sharif said...

Alhamdulillah,
Not many of us is blessed with such an opportunity to fast and celebrate the id in the holy land..
May Allah bless Bro Bergen with better health..

yohteh said...

salam Cik Arif... oops... Ayoh Wang... really good practise to let our charities and loves mostly to children... anyway by nature, for the coming 'eid, in KT no need to rush... heheh... selamat berpuasa...

Lee said...

Hi Wan Sharif, very interesting read your busy itinerary with relatives, in laws and out laws....
Reading your posting, I can imagine how much KL has changed since our last balek kampong.

It is always the more than 30 hours flight, and the 12 hours time diff that makes us hesitant to return, beside wife still working.

Anyway, its from blogs like yours and several others that brings back memories to me.
You have a nice day, keep well, Lee.

Wan Sharif said...

Salam Yoh teh,
With all the rush in KL.. really feel balik Gganu.. but then setakat nok balik gateh teksi.. dok rok secettong.. pah tu anok anok dok ngajji lagi le ning.. alasan..alasan.. Selamat berpuasa

Wan Sharif said...

Dear Bro Lee,
If you are forever hesitant to travel.. it will be time that you will not be able to travel at all.. just to gempaq kan You..
Anyway since Mrs Lee is still working you might as well stay close to her.. and enjoy Canada..
Keep handsome and take care y'hear..

ninotaziz said...

Dear Saudara Wan Sharif,

Tumpang semangkuk to Uncle Lee...

Oh! Canada - that makes me 'anotherlife'sick. Miss Ottawa and the misty magnificence of Niagara Falls even in the thick of winter. The beauty of Quebec City and francophone escapade. Of concerts on the frozen Rideau River, beaver's tail and skating!

Homesick as you are, Uncle Lee, Canada is not a very easy place to leave behind, eh?

Maybe the durian will finally do it!

ninotaziz said...

By the way, Saudara Wan Sharif, I am way behind in the Hari Raya shopping thingy. Hubby is already reminding me - let's put aside next weekend - was quite busy with hosting the Harvard Din & Tonics.

ninotaziz said...

Oh yes, Selamat Menyambut Ramadhan and Selamat Berpuasa to you and your family.

DrSam said...

Salam Ramadhan almubarak Ayoh Wang.

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Ayoh Wang,
Selamat Menjalani Ibadah Puasa di Ramadan al-Mubarak. At least my Mama gets to sambut puasa here for a few days before off she goes again. roar! roar! roar!

Wan Sharif said...

Dear Ninot,
Thank you for the Ramadhan wish..
seems you miss Canada very much..
That Hari Raya shopping you jangan miss.. nanti anak anak you semua tak mau kawan lagi dengan you..
I have checked Harvard Din & Tonics, wow.. you are busy with hosting the group.. please elaborate if you don't mind..
Selamat menyambut Ramadhan to you and your loved one as well..

Wan Sharif said...

Salam DrSam,
Oh ya in my excitement talking about MAHA, I forgot to wish you.. so here it comes..
Selamat menyambut Ramadhan Almubarak ..semuga ianya lebih baik/ banyak barokah dari yang tahun lepas untuk you dan orang orang tersayang..

Wan Sharif said...

Dear CiS (tak berani nak boh nama),
Thank you for the nice Ramadhan wish.. semuga you, your sibling and your loved one have a very Baroqah Ramadhan Almubarak..
Mama going off again?!.. habis tu sapa nak masak putrimandi, akok and ikang golek untuk berbuka nanti..

Al-Manar said...

Ayah Wan,
Noone may believe it if I say I have never stepped into Sogo even once in my life, despite the number of times I have passed in front of it. I have no reason now as I no longer buy for 'them'. If at all 'they' buy for me.And my need is little

Lee said...

Hi Wan Sharif, just dropped by to wish you and family a pleasant puasa month.
Stay easy, my friend.....best regards from Canada, Lee.

Aishah said...

Little mercies are made of these..how appropriate. Your post made me excited for Raya. I will call my friend shortly and ask her when she wants to go shopping!

I wonder if your in-law could help me import a car that is currently in the US. The car has a personal value and I would like to bring it home to Malaysia.

Selamat berpuasa to Wan Shariff sekeluarga.

Wan Sharif said...

Salam Ramadhan Abang Hassan,
As we grow older, we have a lot less need than when we are young. The other day I look at my wardrobe.. I told my better half , if I were to carry all my clothes I would have passed out before I reach 2 km mark.. I wish I can make do with 2 pairs of baju, seluar kain and the undergarment, you can imagine the scowls on her face.. anyway dulu selalu give away yang tak diperlukan.. now mungkin kena start balik..
If you say you have not been to Sogo.. I will believe you..(berbaik sangka), I do not think a normal man would like to be there during the sale.. yours truly was there for no better choice.. remember.
To have someone to buy our needs.. Ah! that would be the day..
How blessed!!!

Wan Sharif said...

Dear Bro. Lee,
Terima kasih seribu for your kind wish..
How is you angling getting on in Canada... Here in the east coast.. there is an apparent lack of them fish.. too much over-fishing somebody said.. my experience these last few years.. not that encouraging either.. time to sell those expensive equipments.. I am going to fish in Sungai Dungun only now.. tak cukup time pun and tak larat nak travel pun ye juga..
Jaga diri my good friend..
stay healthy for Mrs Lee..you hear.

Wan Sharif said...

Salam Ramadhan for Puan Aishah,
Nice of you to visit.. Happy shopping.. berhati hati lah..

To import your (personal value)car in US.. we can try to help but we have to know several things like..

Where is the car now and who is keeping it?.
Do you have or know anyone with AP?.
If not, can you get someone to buy us student(Malaysian) AP?
Do you have anyone to handle the process of getting the car to the container..?
There are more questions.. but it is enough for now..

ninotaziz said...

I have been debating how to address you. Ayoh Wang is for the cats, not their Mama who is my peer. Saudara seems too formal now but I like it, Wan Sharif sounds too casual.

What do you prefer?

For the story on Harvard Din and Tonics, please click on the link ninotaziz...or copy link
http://ninotazizpurplejournalinamahoganydesk.blogspot.com/2010/08/i-sang-with-dins.html

Salam.

Wan Sharif said...

Dear Ninotaziz,
In office, some of my bosses of about my age that use Ayoh Wang.. some use Wan Sharif , some use Wan and others use just Sharif only..
Closer friend even used nickname from school and varsity times..
I am equally comfortable with Ayah Wan, Ayoh Wang, Wan, Wan Sharif.. as long as you are comfortable.. remember I am 56+ years young..
Been using Ninot, Puan Ninotaziz, Ninotaziz.. do you have any preference?.
Noted that you are from Tasmania.. enjoyed your Sailendra, delighted with your Agatha Christie.. amazed at your association with the Dins, sang along with Sudir.. incroyable

OOps.. lebih lebih pulak.. forgive this old coot ok..he,he

ninotaziz said...

Friends call me Ninot, since I am your trusted and loyal blogger friend, you can use Ninot. CiS's Mum gave the name when we were in Form One. Or you can call me the Blue Fairy, Ma'am or Mak Iman - whatever feels comfortable.

I was born in Tasmania, but I am definitely from Malaysia. Couldn't speak Bahasa til I was about six. I studied in Ottawa Canada for five years...Married to a most wonderful guy, 11 years younger - of course I was called all sorts of names! But now it has turned out quite fashionable!

There it is, all that there is to know about me! Apart from the fact I love my five daughters to bits!

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Ayoh Wang & Aunty Ninot,
Ehem....stop mentioning the cats. Sakit tekak asyik tersedak...har har har. Anyway, in our books, Aunty Ninot is Aussie - just like Brad and Angelina. roar! roar! roar!

Wan Sharif said...

Dearest Ninot,
I was also on 2nd marriage.. my wife is also 11 years younger.. have 2 children Abrar who is now in MMU and Norshafiqa or Aisya in form 2.
No children from the first marriage.. X passed away last Jan some 4 day before my beloved father.
Studied in Sekolah Kebangsaan Duyong in KT, Sekolah Dato' Abdul Razak (in Tanjung Malim and Seremban) and USM, Penang..
Other details you can find in my blog..

Wan Sharif said...

Dear CiS,
Have no argument there, since she was born in Tasmania.. she is an Aussie..
but I believe she loved everything Malaysian.. The Hikayat, the Pantun, Seloka, Sudirman, the wayang kulit, menora you name it..
Kata Omputih..hatinya orang Malaysia.. he,he

Pak Idrus said...

Wan, a great narrative of the happening with the families. I used to love going to the inner city but now get stress up getting caught in the traffic jam and that might lead to depression. So I often avoid getting into the traffic jam. I believe age is catching up.

My shopping area now is just KLCC, The GE Mall and the Pavilion. Only when really necessary that I would drive to the Sogo.

As for the Sura been allow to conduct Friday prayer, I think it is time more and more Sura be allow to do so. It would dispersed the crowed, as well it would make it easy for folks to go for the Friday prayer.

Have a nice day.

Ida BorneoLove said...

hmm.. Raya shopping, Im delaying it week after week. Before I know it, it's Raya esok!!

Im too caught up with work and what I cannot delay is to shop for ingredients for my cake orders.

Alhamdulillah for your blessings.

ninotaziz said...

Dear ayoh Wang,
Finally got to Hari Raya shopping! What a whirlwind!

Have you watched My Name Is Khan - I recommend it highly...

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Ayoh Wang ni "puasa" blogging ke? Yoohoo!!!!

ninotaziz said...

CiS,
Ayoh Wang pergi terawih. Jangan bising bising. Anyway, I was checking out Air Asia, Gold Coast OOL tu mana and is it far fr Sydney?

Wan Sharif said...

Pak Idrus,
Thank you for dropping by.. I was a bit lucky as I was coached by a good friend to enjoy an love driving and Sogo is my other half preferred store, rather than visiting 10 stores it better for me just to go to Sogo..
It is good to disperse crowd ..agree.
Have a productive and enjoyable week ahead.

Wan Sharif said...

Dear CiS,
Kena puasa.. at office a new control was in placed ..I can only read blogs but can not comments.. I can not update my blogs.. So I have to do it at home.. night time in Ramadhan is rather limited with EPL, tarawikh..etc.
Looks like your aunty Ninot is going to your place soon.. Oh Ayoh Wan can only envy.. tak apa.. nanti Allah izin kita jumpa ramai ramai di tempat yang baik, di suasana yang baik..
Qabulkanlah doa kami Ya Allah..

ninotaziz said...

Dear Ayoh Wang,
Your children will never invite you to watch this movie. No singing, no dancing. Not very Hindi like movie. It is no longer at the movies.Kena beli VCD or DVD.

As a Muslim, I recommend it highly.

See, www.ninotazizpurplejournalinamahogandesk.blogspot.com

Wan Sharif said...

Dear Ninot,
Alhamdulillah you have got over the Hari Raya shopping..Hopefully everything is tres agreeable..
Googled My name is Khan.. like you said its reviews say it is a very good film.. with SRK and Kajol.. it is expected..
Belum tengok lagi.. but then I normally get involved when I need to accompany the children.. so far nobody mentions anything about going.. can chill out ni he..he

Wan Sharif said...

Wow, You are on line .. will definitely buy VCD/DVD.. to teman anak-anak semasa ke Trengganu atau di Trengganu masa Idilfitri nanti.. Orang Gganu memang minat Hindi filem.. he,he

Wan Sharif said...

Dearest Ida,
You have completed your raya shopping, Non?!
Thank you for your kind words and for your visit....